FAQ – FEATURES & BENEFITS
What are key differentiators between RockDaisy and Looker/Tableau/Powerbi?
- White-Label. RockDaisy was designed to look great out of the box. We provide numerous ways to modify the UI/UX with no code. However, we do provide access to the underlying CSS if you need to customize further. Companies can white-label their data delivery so reports maintain a consistent look and feel; an essential component of external/customer-facing reporting.
- Responsive Web App Which means every report, dashboard and feature will work on any device “out of the box” with no additional code.
- Write-back: RockDaisy provides a data write-back option where users can Add, Update and Delete source data. Data write-back can happen directly within table reports or you can create your own data entry forms.
- Drill Down: Pass parameters between dashboards and reports creating a true “story telling” experience with no additional code.
- SQL – Provides real-time data access. No expensive developer / data specialist skill-sets needed
- Dev Toolkit – Browser based toolkit means nothing to install. Create, publish, and assign permissions to reports using the online toolkit
- Multi Media Integration. Connect your data to video, images and documents. Helpful when you need to see the “creative” or supporting documentation behind the metrics.
- Ease of Use: RockDaisy delivers powerful and versatile reporting capability in a simple easy-to-use interface that can be used effectively by anyone. Competing products generally deliver their services through an interface that can be challenging to end users who are not “comfortable” with data tools. Our simple, point-and-click / drag-and-drop technology allows anyone – especially the non-tech user – to sort and analyze data sets.
Data preparation and aggregation – How does this work from a back-end perspective, how fast is it?
RockDaisy connects directly to the customer database using SQL/stored procedures providing real-time data access. If needed, we can create a separate process that summarizes data into reporting tables, but in most cases that’s not necessary. RockDaisy can leverage optimizations included in database vendors’ software (for example in memory processing). We also include a Redis Cache option.
What are my export capabilities?
There are a number of ways to export Data
- Export dashboard to .pdf
- Export individual charts on dashboards to .png (helpful if needed in PowerPoint or presentations etc.)
- Export underlying data to excel from any chart or grid.
- Email dashboard to user (this includes a .pdf and link back to live dashboard)
- Schedule Email or SMS Text. Scheduled delivery of dashboard to user. Schedules could be set to deliver reports on specific day(s) and time(s) or based on a “triggered” event. (this includes a .pdf and link back to live dashboard)
- If RockDaisy platform is used / accessed / viewed only internally its considered an internal license
- If RockDaisy platform is used / accessed / viewed externally, it’s considered an external license (External clients would be users interacting/viewing reports within the RockDaisy platform).
- If you were to generate reports and email .pdfs to external clients, that would be considered an internal license since the external client would not be accessing the system.
Features and Benefits
- ‘Direct’ and efficient reporting access to information residing in the most popular database platforms.
- Faster (and therefore cheaper) production of reports as opposed to creating cubes and in memory models.
- Easy to deploy centralized reporting solution.
- Real-time delivery of information to the business, providing better decision support.
- The ability for the business to self-serve, interact and filter information without having to rely on IT or IS resources.
- Simple pricing model
- No need for expensive specialist skills.
- The beauty is that the entire UI/UX definition is stored as simple CSS. This can be completely modified using any .css editor. Most report writers available today do not provide this functionality.
- Pass parameters between reports and dashboard to create a true drill down “storytelling” experience.
- Most data visualization platforms only offer simply popup drill down.
- Each reporting element can have its own dataset. Each dataset is based on a data source. This allows you to present data from multiple sources on the same page.
- Responsive design allows RockDaisy to look great on any device with no additional code
- Online Developer toolkit means nothing to install.
- Multiple levels of security. Report level and the data level. In most report platforms you cannot show different data within the same report to different users/groups.
- A user can manage their own reporting needs by accessing reports ad-hoc or by subscribing to the reports. Subscription-based reports are automatically sent by mail to the users.
- Saving and Sharing. Once parameters are selected, users can then save those selections attached to a report. As a result, users can rerun (or subscribe) to the report in the future with filters pre-selected.
- Built-In usage metrics. Out of the box reports that include highest usage by a report, user, device, etc.
- Multi-Media integration. Link reports to associated video, images, and documents.
- Export data and charts to Excel, .PDF, .PNG