FAQ – FEATURES & BENEFITS
What are the key differentiators between RockDaisy and any other Business Intelligence solution?
- UNIQUE FEATURES
RockDaisy is designed to look great out of the box, providing numerous ways to modify the UI/UX with zero code. At the same time however, we provide access to the underlying CSS for further customization for those who desire. Companies can white-label their data delivery so reports maintain a consistent look and feel; an essential component of external/customer-facing reporting.
Connect your data to video, images, and documents. Helpful when you need to see the “creative” or
supporting documentation behind the metrics.
The data writeback option enables users to Add, Update and Delete source data. Data writeback is conducted directly within table reports or through personalized data entry forms.
Pass parameters between reports and dashboards, without any additional coding create a true “story-telling” experience
That means every report, dashboard, and feature works on any device “out-of-the-box” with no additional code.
RockDaisy delivers powerful and versatile reporting capability in a simple easy-to-use interface that can be used effectively by anyone. Competing products generally deliver their services through an interface that can be challenging to end users who are not “comfortable” with data tools. Our simple, point-and-click / drag-and-drop technology allows anyone – especially the non-tech user – to sort and analyze data sets.
Browser-based toolkit means nothing to install. Create, publish, and assign permissions to reports using the online toolkit
Real-time data access. No expensive developer/data specialist skill sets needed.
How does this work from a back-end perspective, how fast is it?
In terms of preparing and aggregating data, RockDaisy connects directly to the customer database using SQL/stored procedures providing real-time data access. If needed, we can create a separate process that summarizes data into reporting tables, but in most cases that’s not necessary. RockDaisy can leverage optimizations included in database vendors’ software (for example in memory processing). We also include a Redis Cache option.
What are my export capabilities?
There are a number of ways to export data:
- Export dashboard to .pdf
- Export individual charts on dashboards to .png (helpful if needed in PowerPoint or presentations etc.)
- Export underlying data to excel from any chart or grid.
- Email dashboard to user (this includes a .pdf and link back to live dashboard)
- Schedule Email or SMS Text. Scheduled delivery of dashboard to user. Schedules could be set to deliver reports on specific day(s) and time(s) or based on a “triggered” event. (this includes a .pdf and link back to live dashboard)
- If RockDaisy platform is used / accessed / viewed only internally its considered an internal license
- If RockDaisy platform is used / accessed / viewed externally, it’s considered an external license (External clients would be users interacting/viewing reports within the RockDaisy platform).
- If you were to generate reports and email .pdfs to external clients, that would be considered an internal license since the external client would not be accessing the system.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
- ‘Direct’ and efficient reporting access to information residing in the most popular database platforms
- Faster (and therefore cheaper) production of reports as opposed to creating cubes and in-memory models
- Real-time delivery of information to the business, providing better decision support
- Each reporting element can have its own dataset. Each dataset is based on a data source. This allows you to present data from multiple sources on the same page.
- Saving and Sharing. Once parameters are selected, users can then save those selections attached to a report. As a result, users can rerun (or subscribe) to the report in the future with filters pre-selected.
- Built-in usage metrics. Out of the box reports that include highest usage by a report, user, device, etc.
- A user can manage their own reporting needs by accessing reports ad-hoc or by subscribing to the reports. Subscription-based reports are automatically sent by mail to the users.
- The ability for the business to self-serve, interact and filter information without having to rely on IT or IS resources
- Multiple levels of security. Report level and the data level. In most report platforms you cannot show different data within the same report to different users/groups.
- The entire UI/UX definition is stored as simple CSS. This can be completely modified using any .css editor. Most report writers available today do not provide this functionality.